In general, many people call their “resident status” a “foreigner’s visa”. However, for the sake of clarity, “foreigner’s visa” is written here.

There are 28 types of visas in Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act in Japan. Foreigners who are living in Japan have one kind of visa in line with their activities

If you are marrying a Japanese, you can apply for a “marriage visa, spouse visa”. If you get a job in Japan, you can apply for a “working visa”. If you meet the requirements for permanent residence, you can apply for a “permanent resident.

Please refer to the following list of items

Work visa

Marriage visa (spouse visa)

Permanent Resident Visa

Visa renewal

Change of visa type

Related Article:

Re-entry Permit and Special Re-entry Permit

Be aware of international students under outsourcing or contractor agreements